- moulding (mainly UK)
- IPA: ˈmowldɪŋg
AdjectiveModificarMolding (not comparable)
- Used in making a mold or moldings; used in shaping anything according to a pattern.
- The act or process of shaping in or on a mold, or of making molds; the art or occupation of a molder.
- Anything cast in a mold, or which appears to be so, as grooved or ornamental bars of wood or metal.
- (architecture) A plane, or curved, narrow surface, either sunk or projecting, used for decoration by means of the lights and shades upon its surface. Moldings vary greatly in pattern and are generally used in groups, the different members of each group projecting or retreating, one beyond another.
- (woodwork) A planing machine for making moldings.
- (founding) A machine to assist in making molds for castings.
- (milling) A mill for shaping timber.
- (founding) A kind of sand containing clay, used in making molds.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.