Modality (plural modalities)
- the state of being modal
- (logic) the classification of propositions on the basis on whether they claim possibility, impossibility, contingency or necessity; mode
- (linguistics) the inflection of a verb that shows how its action is conceived by the speaker; mood
- (medicine) any method of therapy that involves therapeutic treatment
- any of the senses (such as sight or taste)
- Patrono:Semiotics a particular way in which the information is to be encoded for presentation to humans, i.e. to the type of sign and to the status of reality ascribed to or claimed by a sign, text or genre
- Patrono:Theology the organization and structure of the church, as distinct from sodality or parachurch organizations
- (music) the subject concerning certain diatonic scales known as musical modes
- Patrono:Sociology a concept in Anthony Giddens structuration theory
state of being modal
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.