Audio (US) noicon (file)
- Rhymes: -ɪkst
- Simple past tense and past participle of mix.
- Having two or more separate aspects.
- I get a very mixed feeling from this puzzling painting.
- Not completely pure, tainted or adulterated.
- My joy was somewhat mixed when my partner said she was pregnant: it's a lot of responsibility.
- Including both male(s) and female(s).
- The tennis match was mixed with a boy and a girl on each side.
- My son attends a mixed school, my daughter an all-girl grammar school.
- Stemming from two or more races or breeds
- The benefit dog show has both mixed and single-breed competitions.
- Mixed blood can surprisingly produce inherited properties which neither parent showed
- (not pure): impure
terms derived from mixed (adjective)
having two or more separate aspects
not completely pure, tainted or adulterated
including both males and females
Stemming from two or more races or breeds
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- French: mixte
ar:mixed es:mixed fa:mixed fr:mixed it:mixed hu:mixed ml:mixed simple:mixed fi:mixed sv:mixed ta:mixed te:mixed tr:mixed uk:mixed vi:mixed zh:mixed