NounModificarMist (countable and uncountable; plural Mists)
- (uncountable) Water or other liquid finely suspended in air.
- It was difficult to see through the morning mist.
- (countable) A layer of fine droplets or particles.
- There was an oily mist on the lens.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Third person singular
- To form mist.
- It's misting this morning.
- To spray fine droplets on, particularly of water.
- I mist my tropical plants every morning.
- To cover with a mist.
- The lens was misted.
- (of the eyes) To be covered by tears.
- My eyes misted when I remembered what had happened.
- fog, mist
- The second- and third-person singular present indicative of missen.
- The plural imperative of missen.
- The first-, second- and third-person singular present indicative of misten.
- The imperative of misten.
- fog (cloud that forms at a low altitude and obscures vision)
This Swedish entry was created from the translations listed at fog. It may be less reliable than other entries, and may be missing parts of speech or additional senses. Please also see Mist in the Swedish Wiktionary. This notice will be removed when the entry is checked. (more information) May 2009
de:mist fr:mist io:mist it:mist kn:mist kk:mist ku:mist lo:mist li:mist hu:mist ml:mist mi:mist nl:mist oc:mist pl:mist pt:mist simple:mist fi:mist sv:mist ta:mist te:mist tr:mist uk:mist vi:mist zh:mist