From French, from Latin minor (“‘less’”).
- (UK) IPA: /maɪˈnɒ.ɹə.ti/, /məˈnɒ.ɹə.ti/
- (US) IPA: /maɪˈnɔɹ.ə.ti/, /mɨˈnɔɹ.ə.ti/
Audio (US) noicon (file)
- Any subgroup that does not form a numerical majority.
- Most people agreed, but a sizable minority were upset by the decision.
- A member of an ethnic minority.
- The company claims it has hired several minorities since the complaint was lodged.
- Youth; period or condition of a person prior to reaching adulthood.
- (youth): childhood
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
de:minority et:minority fa:minority fr:minority ko:minority io:minority id:minority it:minority ku:minority lo:minority hu:minority nl:minority pt:minority ro:minority simple:minority fi:minority ta:minority te:minority vi:minority zh:minority