- Government department, at the administrative level normally headed by a minister (or equivalent rank, e.g. secretary of state), who holds it as portfolio, especially in a constitutional monarchy
- She works for the ministry of finance.
- The complete body of government ministers (whether or not they are in cabinet) under the leadership of a head of government (such as a prime minister)
- The premier offered his last ministry's resignation to the monarch, and is asked the form a new one in accordance with the election results
- A ministration
- The active practice and education of the minister of a particular religion or faith.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
et:ministry el:ministry fr:ministry io:ministry it:ministry kn:ministry sw:ministry lo:ministry hu:ministry ml:ministry ja:ministry simple:ministry fi:ministry ta:ministry te:ministry tr:ministry vi:ministry zh:ministry