- A person who plays with or practices allegedly supernatural magic.
- A spiritualist or practitioner of mystic arts (often derogatory).
- A performer of tricks or an escapologist.
- An amazingly talented craftsman or scientist.
- A person who astounds, is an enigma.
- (practitioner of alledgedly supernatural magic): sorcerer, thaumaturge, wizard, warlock, witch
- (spiritualist or practitioner of mystic arts): spiritualist, mystic, witch doctor
- (performer of tricks): wizard, trickster
- (talented craftsman or scientist): whizz, whiz, wiz, wizard
- (person who astaunds, is an enigma): phenomenon
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
et:magician fr:magician ko:magician hy:magician io:magician id:magician kn:magician hu:magician ml:magician my:magician pl:magician simple:magician fi:magician sv:magician ta:magician te:magician vi:magician zh:magician