NounModificarWikipedia Likelihood (countable and uncountable; plural Likelihoods)
- The probability of a specified outcome; the chance of something happening; probability; the state of being probable.
- In all likelihood the meeting will be cancelled.
- The likelihood is that the inflation rate will continue to rise.
- (mathematics) Shorthand for likelihood function; the probability that a real world experiment would generate a specific datum, as a function of the parameters of a mathematical model.
- Likeness, resemblance.
- "There is no likelihood between pure light and black darkness, or between righteousness and reprobation." (Sir W. Raleigh)
- (archaic) Appearance, show, sign, expression.
- "What of his heart perceive you in his face by any likelihood he showed to-day ?" (Shak)
et:likelihood el:likelihood fa:likelihood fr:likelihood io:likelihood it:likelihood kn:likelihood hu:likelihood pl:likelihood ru:likelihood simple:likelihood fi:likelihood ta:likelihood te:likelihood vi:likelihood zh:likelihood
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.