to Levy (third-person singular simple present levies, present participle Levying, simple past and past participle levied)
Levy (plural levies)
Third person singular
- To impose a tax or fine, to collect monies due, or to confiscate property
- To draft someone into military service
- To wage war
The act of levying
- redirect Template:finnish index
- A thin, flat object of uniform thickness; a plate. (A thick plate may also be called laatta).
- A board, as a flat construction material supplied in sheets, such as chipboard, or a sheet of such material.
- A slab, as a thick, flat piece of material.
- A disk for storing data.
- A recording of a piece of music made on a disc, or a disc on which music is saved. If there's a need to be specific, a recording may also be called levytys.
Declension of levy (type valo)
A disc on which music has been recorded
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.