Icon (plural Icons)
- An image, symbol, picture, or other representation usually as an object of religious devotion.
- A religious painting, often done on wooden panels.
- A person or thing that is the best example of a certain profession or some doing.
- That man is an icon in the business; he personifies loyalty and good business sense.
- A small picture which represents something (such as an icon on a computer screen which when clicked performs some function.)
- (linguistics): A type of noun whereby the form reflects and is determined by the referent; onomatopoeic words are necessarily all icons. See also symbol and index.
- Pictual representations of files, programs and folders on a computer.
best example of something
small picture, computer icon
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- an image
- (later Latin): icon (religious painting)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.