ice + box, as before electric refrigeration it was literally a box loaded with ice to keep things cold
- A box containing ice, used to keep food cold.
- (British) A compartment in a refrigerator that is colder than the rest of the refrigerator and is used as a freezer.
- (US) A refrigerator.
Icebox (not comparable)
- agreeable, awesome.
- 1982, Alexei Sayle, The Young Ones 
- MIKE: Yeah, yeah, so. So we'll forget about the rent, we'll pay you another time, is that cool?
- BALOWSKI: Yes, that's absolutely icebox! See you later, Ford Anglia!
box containing ice used to keep food cold
compartment of a refrigerator used as a freezer
refrigerator — see refrigerator
fr:icebox my:icebox pl:icebox fi:icebox sv:icebox