From Middle English is, from Old English īs, from Proto-Germanic *īsa (compare West Frisian [[iis#Patrono:Fy|iis]], Dutch ijs, German Eis, Swedish is), from Proto-Indo-European *h₁eiH- (compare Lithuanian ýnis (“‘glazed frost’”), Russian иней (ínej), “‘hoarfrost’”), Ossetian [[их#Patrono:Os|их]] (ix), [[ех#Patrono:Os|ех]] (ex), “‘ice’”).
NounModificarWikipedia Ice (countable and uncountable; plural Ices)
- (uncountable) Water in frozen (solid) form.
- (uncountable, physics, astronomy) Any frozen volatile chemical, such as ammonia or carbon dioxide.
- (countable) A frozen dessert made of fruit juice, water and sugar.
- (uncountable) Any substance having the appearance of ice.
- (uncountable, slang) One or more diamonds.
- (uncountable, slang, drugs) Crystal form of methamphetamine.
- (uncountable, ice hockey) The pitch.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Third person singular
- To cool with ice, as a beverage.
- To become ice, to freeze.
- (slang): To murder.
- To cover with icing (frosting made of sugar and milk or white of egg); to frost; as cakes, tarts, etc.
- Patrono:Ice hockey To put out a team for a match.
- Milton Keynes have yet to ice a team this season
- Patrono:Ice hockey To shoot the puck the length of the playing surface, causing a stoppage in play called icing.
- If the Bruins ice the puck, the faceoff will be in their own zone.
Ice (infinitive izar)
- first-person singular (yo) present subjunctive form of izar.
- formal second-person singular (usted) present subjunctive form of izar.
- third-person singular (él, ella, also used with usted?) present subjunctive form of izar.
ang:ice ar:ice roa-rup:ice az:ice zh-min-nan:ice ca:ice de:ice et:ice el:ice es:ice fa:ice fr:ice ga:ice gl:ice ko:ice hy:ice hi:ice hr:ice io:ice id:ice ik:ice it:ice kn:ice kk:ice ku:ice lt:ice li:ice hu:ice ml:ice my:ice nl:ice ja:ice oc:ice pl:ice pt:ice ru:ice simple:ice sr:ice fi:ice sv:ice ta:ice th:ice tr:ice uk:ice vi:ice zh:ice