See also Fanfare
Audio (US) noicon (file)
- (countable) A flourish of trumpets or horns as to announce; a short and lively air performed on hunting horns during the chase.
- They played a short fanfare to announce the arrival of the king.
- (uncountable) A show of ceremony or celebration.
- The town opened the new library with fanfare and a speech from the mayor.
a flourish of trumpets or horns
a show of ceremony or celebration
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Catalan: fanfàrria f.
- IPA: /fɑnfarə/
Fanfare c. (plural fanfaren or fanfares, no diminutive)
- A brass band, with percussion.
- A fanfare (flourish).
- Plural form of fanfara.
de:fanfare et:fanfare fr:fanfare io:fanfare it:fanfare pl:fanfare ru:fanfare fi:fanfare ta:fanfare vi:fanfare zh:fanfare