- Deceptive or false appearance; deceitfulness; that which misleads the eye or the mind; deception.
- (logic) An argument, or apparent argument, which professes to be decisive of the matter at issue, while in reality it is not.
deceptive or false appearance
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- Fallacy in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- Fallacy in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- Fallacy at OneLook® Dictionary Search
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.