- Treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.
- Robbie's joke about Heather's picture was just him being facetious.
- Pleasantly humorous, jocular.
- See also Wikisaurus:witty
- Facetious in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- Facetious in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- Facetious at OneLook® Dictionary Search
This word uses all five vowels just once and in alphabetical order. If y is counted as a vowel, then facetiously uses all six vowels in alphabetical order.ar:facetious de:facetious el:facetious io:facetious kn:facetious hu:facetious ml:facetious my:facetious ru:facetious ta:facetious te:facetious vi:facetious zh:facetious