See also eden
- Rhymes: -iːdən
- Patrono:Biblical A garden built by God as the home for Adam and Eve; sometimes identified as part of Mesopotamia
- (by extension) A paradise on Earth; a state of innocence
- Various place names
- Patrono:Surname, probably derived from a placename.
- Patrono:Given name from the biblical place name; also a medieval diminutive of Old English compound names beginning with the element ēad (“‘riches’”).
A garden built by God as the home for Adam and Eve
A paradise on Earth; a state of innocence
Various place names
An English surname, probably derived from a placename
A female given name
- Patrono:RQ:Authorized Version:
- And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
- 1986 Barbara Vine ( =Ruth Rendell): A Dark-Adapted Eye: page 35:
- We call Edith Eden now because that is what she called herself before she could pronounce 'th'. It is rather a lovely name, I think. Edith sounds like someone's old aunt. I can't think why Mother and Father chose it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.