Part or all of this page has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- Rhymes: -iːɡə(r)
- A tidal bore.
AdjectiveModificarEager (comparative more Eager, superlative most Eager)
- (obsolete) Sharp; sour; acid.
- (obsolete) Sharp; keen; bitter; severe.
- Excited by desire in the pursuit of any object; ardent to pursue, perform, or obtain; keenly desirous; hotly longing; earnest; zealous; impetuous; vehement; as, the hounds were eager in the chase.
- Brittle; inflexible; not ductile.
- Eager in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- Eager in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911