- Rhymes: -eɪʃǝn
NounModificarDedication (countable and uncountable; plural Dedications)
- (uncountable) The act of dedicating or the state of being dedicated.
- (countable) A note addressed to a patron or friend, prefixed to a work of art as a token of respect, esteem, or affection.
- (countable) A ceremony marking an official completion or opening.
- (law) The deliberate or negligent surrender of all rights to property.
note prefixed to a work of art
- “dedication” in The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition, Houghton Mifflin Company, 2000.
- “dedication” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, v1.0.1, Lexico Publishing Group, 2006.
- Patrono:R:WordNet 2003
- Patrono:R:Webster law 1996
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.