AdjectiveModificarDecisive (comparative more Decisive, superlative most Decisive)
- Having the power or quality of deciding a question or controversy; putting an end to contest or controversy; final; conclusive.
- A decisive battle is fatal for one side's war chances
- Marked by promptness and decision.
- A noble instance of this attribute of the decisive character. -J. Foster.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Part or all of this page has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- Decisive in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- Feminine plural of decisivo