- Rhymes: -ɑː(r)kən
Third person singular
- (transitive) To make dark or darker by reducing light.
- (intransitive) To become dark or darker (having less light).
- (transitive) To make dark or darker in colour.
- (intransitive) To become dark or darker in colour.
- (transitive) To render gloomy, dark(er) of mood
- (intransitive) To become gloomy, dark of mood
- (transitive) To blind, impair eyesight
- (intransitive) To be blinded, loose clear vision
to make dark by reducing light
to become darker (less bright)
to make dark(er) in colour
to become dark(er) in colour
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.