- A long song or poem that tells a story.
- The poet composed a ballad praising the heroic exploits of the fallen commander.
- A slow romantic pop song.
- On Friday nights, the roller rink had a time-block called "Lovers' Lap" when they played nothing but ballads on the overhead speakers.
- 1885, Gilbert & Sullivan, The Mikado
- A wandering minstrel I —
- A thing of shreds and patches,
- Of ballads, songs and snatches,
love song or poem that tells a story
slow romantic pop song
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.