Annual (plural Annuals)ar:annual
AdjectiveModificarAnnual (not comparable)
- Happening once every year.
- Of, for, or relating to a whole year, often as a recurring cycle; determined or reckoned by the year; accumulating in the course of a year; performed, executed, or completed over the course of a year. See also circannual.
- an annual salary
- average annual profits
- the annual course of the sun
- (botany) (of a plant) Having a life cycle that is completed in only one growing season; e.g. beans, corn, marigold. See Annual plant in Wikipedia. Compare biennial, perennial.
- Patrono:Entomology Living or lasting just one season or year, as certain insects or insect colonies.
- (in senses 1 and 2): yearly
happening once a year
- An annual publication; a book, periodical, journal, report, comic book, yearbook, etc., which is published serially once a year, which may or may not be in addition to regular weekly or monthly publication.
- I read the magazine, but I usually don't purchase the annuals.
- (botany) An annual plant; a plant with a life span of just one growing season; a plant which naturally germinates, flowers and dies in one year. Compare biennial, perennial.
- I can't wait to plant my annuals in the spring.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.