See also alfa
NounModificarAlpha (countable and uncountable; plural Alphas)
- The name of the first letter of the Greek alphabet (Α, α), followed by beta. In the Latin alphabet it is the predecessor to A.
- Latin alpha
- (sciences) The name of the symbols Α and α used in science and mathematics, often interchangeable with the symbols when used as a prefix.
- I will attempt to make an alpha particle ("α-particle") with the large hadron collider.
- (finance) The return of a given asset or portfolio adjusted for systematic risk.
terms derived from alpha (noun)
name of the letter Α, α
name of the letter Ɑ, ɑ — see Latin alpha
AdjectiveModificarAlpha (not comparable)
- Designates the first in an order of precedence.
- I am the alpha male.
- (astronomy) Designates the brightest star in a constellation.
- When space travel becomes feasible, I plan to visit Alpha Centauri.
Alpha m. inv.
- alpha (Greek letter)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.