- An overflowing fullness or ample sufficiency; profusion; copious supply; superfluity; wealth.
- It is lamentable to remember what abundance of noble blood hath been shed with small benefit to the Christian state. - Sir Walter Raleigh
- (sciences) Frequency, amount, ratio of something within a given environment.
- Exuberance; plenteousness; plenty; copiousness; overflow; riches; affluence; wealth.
- Abundance, Plenty, Exuberance. These words rise upon each other in expressing the idea of fullness.
- Plenty denotes a sufficiency to supply every want; as, plenty of food, plenty of money, etc.
- Abundance express more, and gives the idea of superfluity or excess; as, abundance of riches, an abundance of wit and humor; often, however, it only denotes plenty in a high degree.
- Exuberance rises still higher, and implies a bursting forth on every side, producing great superfluity or redundance; as, an exuberance of mirth, an exuberance of animal spirits, etc.
ar:abundance et:abundance el:abundance fa:abundance fr:abundance gl:abundance io:abundance id:abundance it:abundance kn:abundance ku:abundance hu:abundance ml:abundance pl:abundance pt:abundance fi:abundance sv:abundance ta:abundance te:abundance th:abundance tr:abundance vi:abundance zh:abundance