- The act or process of absorbing or sucking in anything.
- The act or process of being absorbed and made to disappear.
- the absorption of bodies in a whirlpool
- the absorption of a smaller tribe into a larger
- (chemistry, physics) An imbibing or reception by molecular or chemical action.
- the absorption of light, heat, electricity, etc.
- (physiology) In living organisms, the process by which the materials of growth and nutrition are absorbed and conveyed to the tissues and organs.
- Entire engrossment or occupation of the mind.
- absorption in some employment
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Absorption in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- Absorption in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
et:absorption el:absorption fa:absorption fr:absorption io:absorption id:absorption li:absorption hu:absorption ml:absorption no:absorption pl:absorption pt:absorption ru:absorption simple:absorption fi:absorption sv:absorption ta:absorption te:absorption tr:absorption vi:absorption zh:absorption