AdverbModificarAbreast (comparative more Abreast, superlative most Abreast)
- Informed, well-informed, familiar, acquainted
- Side by side, facing forward, with breasts in a line; as,
- Two men could hardly walk abreast. - Thomas Babington Macaulay
- Patrono:Nautical Side by side; also, opposite; over against; on a line with the vessel's beam; – with of.
- Up to a certain level or line; equally advanced; as, to keep abreast of [or with] the present state of science.
- (obsolete): At the same time; simultaneously
- (informed): apprised
Side by side
nautical: side by side; also, opposite; over against; on a line with the vessel's beam
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
am:abreast ar:abreast fa:abreast io:abreast kn:abreast hu:abreast ml:abreast my:abreast pt:abreast simple:abreast fi:abreast sv:abreast ta:abreast te:abreast th:abreast tr:abreast uk:abreast vi:abreast
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.