- Present participle of abandon.
- Many have been abandoning their homes due to the violence. (progressive)
- Their abandoning their homes means no tax revenues for the county. (gerund)
- An abandoning husband can be a precursor to bankruptcy. (participial adjective)
- An act in which something or someone is abandoned; abandonment, neglect
- 1842, Richard Oastler, The Fleet Papers, volume 2, page 306:
- 1985, Annette Baier, “Frankena and Hume on Points of View”, in Postures of the Mind, ISBN 0816613265, page 174:
- I Patrono:... owe the one who depends upon me the gentlest of abandonings, if I leave him.</span>
- 2003, Susan Peterson, The Craft and Art of Clay, 4th ed., ISBN 1856693546, page 315:
- We live in time and through it, we build our huts in its ruins and we cannot afford all these abandonings.</span>
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.